GodisaGeek have held the flag high for peer-to-peer video game swapping website GaBoom since its initial launch in 2010. It’s gone from strength to strength over the past year attracting over 10,000 users and facilitating thousands of video game swaps.
On the 1st of November GaBoom relaunched the site with a plethora of new features. Quoting GaBoom CEO Jess Ratcliffe, “No matter how good something is you can always improve”
Don’t worry if you’re already a fan of the site, the bright yellow and red design is still prominent, the new features include:
- New URL of http://gaboomswap.com
- A simpler swapping process replacing the three previous swapping methods (Secure Swap, GaBoom Escrow and Forum Exchange) with a direct member-to-member swap.
- Introduction of GaBoom’s virtual currency, Booms, that can be used to pay for swaps – 100 Booms = 1 Swap.
- Booms can be purchased from the Booms Store – 100 Booms for £1, 600 Booms for £5 or 1200 Booms for £10.
- Booms can also be gained through inviting friends to sign up (50 Booms awarded after friend makes first swap) or by gaining positive feedback (25 Booms)
- Members can now cancel swap requests
- Browse and Search functionality has been improved to make it easier for members to add and remove games from their swap list.
- ‘Match Me’ technology which automatically finds swaps for a user based on their Swap and Wish Lists it truly is even easier to find yourself a new game.