2K and Firaxis Games have announced an expansion to their hit strategy shooter XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
Called Enemy Within, the standalone release introduces new maps, weapons, abilities, upgrades and multiplayer content.
According to 2K there is enough new content that an additional “three to four playthroughs” are required to see it all.
In the US the PC version will retail at $29.99 while a console “Commander Edition”, which includes the original game, is priced at $39.99.
The game will release internationally three days after the US on November 15th
Here’s what new content is coming to XCOM:
- New Soldier Abilities: Research a new alien technology to advance the capabilities of operatives:
– Gene Mods: Construct the Genetics Lab to physically enhance operatives’ abilities, including augmentations to the chest, brain, eyes, skin and legs.
– MECs: Build the Cybernetics Lab to enable the construction of the new Mechanized Exoskeletal Cybersuit, or MEC. The new MEC Trooper class has specialized abilities and each suit can be upgraded with new weapons including the flamethrower, grenade launcher and more.
- New Weapons and Equipment: Give operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from the engineering team in the Foundry.
- New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from a host of new enemies, including the Mechtoid.
- New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield and use it carefully back at base to unlock new research and upgrades.
- New Tactical Challenges and Maps: Face new tactical challenges, on nearly 50% more maps.
- New Multiplayer Maps, Units and Abilities: Create custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate opponents in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
You can watch a trailer for the content below…