A trial version of Kinect Sports Rivals will be made available to all Xbox One owners from 22nd November, the consoles launch day. The trial version, which will be known as Kinect Sports Rivals Preseason will allow players to try out the Wave Race wake racing portion of the game and unlock special rewards for the full game.
Larry Hryb, who is better known as Major Nelson, made the announcement over on his site. And also provided some details about the preseason in handy bullet point form.
- Download the free trial experience anytime from Nov. 22 thru Nov. 30 and start earning points to unlock the special “Founder” player title, an exclusive “Kinect Sports Rivals” wetsuit and a “Kinect Sports Rivals” wake racer to commemorate the launch of Xbox One.
- Players will compete against familiar faces – including a fully digital version of me and my good friend AceyBongos who will step in as tough competition.
- New monthly challenges with unique objectives and rewards will become available within the “Kinect Sports Rivals” Hub – some will be personal, some will be co-op, and some will pit nation against nation in a global battle for international fame. Each challenge will deliver its own exclusive rewards that will carry over to the full game when it launches next spring.
- Complete every player challenge given and expand the fun by racing against a friend in the same room in split screen mode.
- Enjoy an all-new track by rising musical group Youngblood Hawke. They recorded “Collide” just for “Kinect Sports Rivals.”
The full version of Kinect Sports Rivals is set to launch on Xbox One in spring next year.