Incoming DCUO – The Last Laugh DLC
The fourth DLC for the PC and PlayStation exclusive super hero MMORPG is on its way. The newest add-on will arrive in June and will mainly focus on PvP action and missions including some pretty awesome concepts that will put players into familiar places like the Watchtower and make them battle it out there.
Jens Andersen, creative director on DC Universe Online said:
We created this DLC purely for the players that like to take the fight to each other in DCUO’s amazing PvP combat. Our community has continuously asked for more multiplayer action in DCUO, and we wanted to deliver content that fully meets their expectations and pushes PvP to another level. The Last Laugh is the first DLC that we’ve created that focuses almost entirely on player versus player battles, and it adds an exciting new element as some of DC’s greatest heroes and villains join to fight alongside you. Players will have even more opportunities to prove to the world whether heroes or villains will be triumphant.
The Last Laugh DLC will include a new weapon, new Legends PvP characters and hours of multiplayer fun in the opposing force’s Safe Houses and Headquarters.
- The Shield – Bash or throw this new weapon in the enemy’s face.
- Safe House Battles – Four on four battles in the Safe Houses will have the player completing the following objectives:
- Graviton Technology Recovery – Players will be tasked with unscrambling teleporter codes that The Joker has mixed into fragments. Located at the Watchtower or Hall of Doom, players must retrieve eight code fragments to successfully rebuild usable teleporter codes.
- The Rescue – Heroes must rescue hostages, while Villains will be freeing arrested criminals from opposing Safe Houses.
- Bomb Disposal – Thanks to The Joker, the encryption on the E-mail terminals has changed and can only be bypassed by the robot he provided. Players must gain control of the robot and either upload the data to their HQ or add new encryption to keep their enemies and The Joker away from it.
- Headquarter Battles – In this two-part crusade, 16 players — eight heroes and eight villains — will face off for the ultimate player reward. At the request of Superman, heroes must take over the Hall of Doom, while villains, egged on by The Joker, will breach the Watchtower in order to create chaos.
- Legends Characters – Combat illuminates with the introduction of the first light-powered Legends for multiplayer combat. Players will soon have access to Kilowog, a Green Lantern, and Amon Sur, a member of the Sinestro Corps.
You can read our review of DC Universe Online here.
Players with Legendary subscription will bag this PvP-filled add-on free of charge while the Free and Premium account holders will be able to purchase it via PlayStation Network’s in-game Marketplace (PS3) or from the DCUniverseOnline.com website (PC).