Dead or Alive 5 Plus will be the upcoming PlayStation Vita version of the popular fighting game series from Tecmo Koei. Not only will the game bring the same deep fighting experience to a portable system, but it will also feature cross-platform play.
Not only will the game feature most of the same modes and options found on the home console version, but it will also feature Cross-Platform Play between the Vita and PlayStation 3, as well touch-based controls for the first time in the series.
Tapping, swiping and pinching the screen will unleash waves of moves on yuor opponent, and you can even titl your screen vertically to enter an all-new first-person sparring view.
Some of the features of Cross-Platform Play are:
- Hardware icons will appear next to player names in cross-platform battles to indicate whether they are playing on PS3 or PS Vita
- Cross-platform battles will run at 60fps on both platforms so there will be no lag or slowdown even when playing on different devices
- All characters that have been unlocked on PS3 can be used on PS Vita—and vice versa
- In-game rankings will show whether players are on PS Vita or PS3
- Using the PS Store, DLC purchases will be shared across both platforms so players can pay a single price while getting dual platform use
- Over 100 costumes have been delivered to date as DLC, and the cross-platform transfer allows players to preserve their collection while getting new gameplay options with DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS on PS Vita
- Saved games on PS Vita or PS3 can be used on the other platform, so gamers can play on the go and then bring their progress back to the console (or vice versa)
- All unlocked content on one platform is available on the other platform; for instance, Tina’s Legend Swimsuit earned by completing Legend mode in Arcade mode without continuing will be available on PS3 if earned on PS Vita
- Any new stages for DOA5 on PS3, will also be available on Dead or Alive 5 Plus for PS Vita
We can’t wait to get another great fighting title on the Vita – which has actually done quite well in terms of having a good selection of beat-em-ups on the system so far.
See the gallery of new screenshots below:
Dead or Alive 5 Plus is due for release on March 22 on the PlayStation Vita.