In Europe – and indeed worldwide – Formula One racing has always ruled the roost in terms of being the most-watched and most popular Motorsport. But there is one place that there is an exception, and that another form of racing is more popular and that is in the United States, where NASCAR is king.
Well now it seems that Activision and Eutechnyx are looking to change all of that and to tap into the European racing market, as they are gearing up to release NASCAR The Game: Inside Line on the PlayStation Store this may. The game will be out in only a couple of weeks, so the cars are already lining up on the starting grid. The game was released boxed at retail in North America across several platforms, but it seems that Activision have chosen – probably quite wisely – to go for a much more understated release strategy in the UK.
Here are some of the features from the game:
- Over 40 of NASCAR’s top drivers and teams, including Dale Earnhardt Jr., Brad Keselowski and Danica Patrick
- 23 officially licensed tracks ranging from Daytona to Sonoma
- A Career Mode that allows players to live the life of a NASCAR champion, competing for points across multiple seasons on the road to victory
- Authentic race weekends offering players the chance to hone their skills in practice and qualifying races before every match
- A massive set of customization options giving drivers total freedom over their vehicles, including paint schemes, performance upgrades and extensive under-the-hood fine-tuning for precise handling on each track.
- Commentary provided by Fox Broadcasting’s Darrell Waltrip and Mike Joy, while spotter Ty Norris and crew chief Ray Evernham are in the driver’s ear offering helpful assistance
- Full soundtrack featuring Uncle Kracker, Staind, The Sheepdogs, Black Stone Cherry and others
- ‘Season’ and ‘Race Now’ modes, unique invitational events, an enhanced online multiplayer system, which hosts up to 16 players, and local split screen play make this is the most exciting NASCAR title to date
See a few new screenshots and a trailer of the game below:
NASCAR The Game: Inside Line will be available in the PlayStation Store on May 1 2013.