Ubisoft has today announced that Operation Wind Bastion, the fourth and last season of Year 3 is now live for Rainbow Six Siege.
Wind Bastion includes two brand new Operators as well as the new Fortress map.
For players who own the Year 3 Season pass, Operators Nomad and Kaid are available to play with now while other players will have to wait until 11 December to unlock them using Renown or the ingame currency, R6 Credits. The new map Fortress is available for all players and currently has its own playlist.
Details included in the update are as follows:
- Nomad, a Moroccan Attacker, equipped with her Airjab launcher. Airjabs are sticky, proximity-triggered air blast grenades that allow Nomad to shove Operators back and throw them to the ground.
- Kaid is a Moroccan Defender that serves as a powerful counter to hard breachers. Kaid uses his Rtila electroclaw to electrify all metallic objects in proximity: reinforced walls, barbed wire, deployable shields.
In addition, players will discover the Moroccan mountains in the new Fortress map, which functions as both a military training facility and Kaid’s home. Inspired by the iconic architecture from the southern region of Morocco, Fortress features solid rotation between floors, an accessible roof, and many dangerous lines of sight and flanking routes.
The update also includes some wider game changes which are as follows:
- A redesigned in-game shop to improve the user experience.
- Updated throw curves to make throwable gadgets easier and more comfortable to use. All throwables now use this new curve except for the Nitro Cell, which will be classified in a different category defined as “heavy throw.”
- An optional Area of Effect feature for Kaid and Nomad that is designed to help new players better understand the area of effect when deploying a gadget. This will only be visible for the Operator placing the gadget. This feature can be disabled in the game’s settings.
- Finally, in addition to gameplay and technical fixes, players can expect playlist changes to the Ranked Map pool and Casual Map pool.
New Pro League Team BDU and Headgear
With Operation Wind Bastion, players can now acquire a matching BDU and Headgear to deck out a specific Operator from head to toe in support of their favourite Pro League team.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege has partnered with eleven Pro League teams to introduce revenue sharing as a model to fund the Six Invitational prize pool and to encourage the stability and growth of the Pro League scene: 30 percent of the revenue from Pro Team BDU and Headgear sales will go to the organisations that are a part of the programme.
You can watch some details on the new Operators below: