Gears of War 3 Multiplayer Beta Gets Dated
Microsoft and Epic Games have today announced that the Gears of War 3 multiplayer beta will begin on April 25th and last all the way until May 15th. During that time participating players will be able to battle it out on four maps (Old Town, Trenches, Thrashball and Checkout) and three different game modes.
If you’re based in the UK then you will be able to get into the beta if you pre-order a copy Gears of War 3 (Limited or Epic Edition only) at GAME or Gamestation. Owners of the Bulletstorm: Epic Edition will get an extra weeks access, meaning they will be able to chainsaw each other from April 18th.
To go alongside the announcement of the date Microsoft and Epic Games have also revealed some of the cool content players will unlock for the full game if they choose to participate in the beta.
- Complete one beta match Beta Tester Meda – Complete one beta match
- Thrashball Cole character – Complete 50 beta matches and complete 10 games whilst using him in the full release
- Gold-Plated Retro Lancer – Complete 90 matches and score 100 kills in the full game
- Flaming Hammerburst – Play one match by April 24th
- Flaming Lancer – Finish one match during the week of April 25th
- Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun – Finish one match during the week of May 2nd
- Flaming Gnasher Shotgun – Finish one match during the week of May 9th
Gears of War 3 is scheduled for a worldwide release on September 20th, exclusively for the Xbox 360.