Not only will the upcoming game based on the Rambo films feature the likenesses and voices of both Sylvester Stallone and Richard Crenna reprising their famous roles as Rambo and Col. Trautman, but the game features a variety of different ways to play the game.
The game will re-create many recognisable sequences, locations and characters from the series of Rambo films, and there are many different gameplay techniques that players will have to take advantage of in order to successfully navigate all of the missions.
- Shoot-Out: All-out action in fixed-perspective shoot-outs – players will need to make tactical use of cover-options to survive the enemy onslaught. Mini-missions, multiple-paths, quick-time-events, interactive scenery and more than 25 enemy types will keep player’s adrenaline-pumping.
- Destruction: Unleash heavy weapons such as the M60, explosive-tipped arrows and time-bombs. Cause some wide-spread damage against hard-targets. Take control in iconic scenes from the films such as Rambo’s destruction of the Police Station in FIRST BLOOD.
- QTE-Fight: Authentic fight scenes from the movies are recreated in third-person, quick-time-events sequences.
- Fixed-Gun & Vehicle: Take aim of gun turrets and rocket launchers in an array of authentic fixed-gun and vehicle sections from RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD PART II and RAMBO III.
- Stealth-Hunt: Fixed-perspective infiltrations through forests and enemy-camps armed with Rambo’s trademark Bow and Knife. Dodge search-lights and time your bow attacks perfectly to silently eliminate enemies from the shadows. Knife sections will give players the choice of lethal or non-lethal force.
- Bosses: Boss showdowns and take-downs from the films – everything from Rambo’s single, explosive bow strike on Lieutenant Tay to shredding Russian helicopters with the DShK 12.7mm Heavy Machine Gun.
Whilst you wait for the game to come to retail, and have the chance to put your Rambo skills into action, you can see a highly-detailed, brand new screenshot below:
Rambo: The Video Game will be released in 2013 for Windows PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.