Carbine has announced what you can expect to see in the their MMO Wildstar this year.
First up are details on the next update, The Protogames Initiative, which brings:
- Protogames Academy – a training dungeon to prepare lower level players for telegraphs, interrupt armor, and boss mechanics.
- Ultimate Protogames – an exciting new dungeon for upper level players.
- They Came from Fragment Zero! – a level 6 shiphand that introduces players to group gameplay at a much earlier level.
- LFG upgrades – currently, some shiphands, adventures, and dungeons are intentionally hidden or need to be unlocked. Unfortunately, this keeps many players out of the content. Moving forward, all of this content will be added to an expanded LFG tool.
- Datascape 20 – the 40-person dungeon wasn’t getting played as often as we hoped. Not only was the content challenging, but roster management was painful. In the next update we will lower the player requirement down to 20.
Beyond that, Carbine are looking to add more solo and group content to the game, including new shiphands, adventures and dungeons, as well as revamping the customization systems and adding new ways for players to add personality to their characters. They will also be improving the Elder game experience, offering players lots of opportunities to find new and exciting loot.
Further into 2015, Carbine will then add:
- A new Contracts system which will provide players with short, fun objectives throughout different kinds of WildStar content, enabling them to obtain rare and exciting rewards.
- Revising overall levelling and elder games experiences and making adjustments to enhance story immersion, fight combat fatigue, and fine-tune our reward streams.
- A brand new 20-player raid.
Make sure you listen to this week’s podcast for a chance to win some Wildstar goodies, including a deluxe copy of the game!