Warner Brothers Release Hints and Tips for Lord of the Rings: War in the North
One of the most epic battles in Middle Earth is readying on the horizon. To prepare you for the the massing forces of Sauron, Warner Brothers have released a list of hints and tips that is sure to keep you alive on the battlefield.
Gandalf himself noted that the battle in the North of Middle Earth was vital to the success of Frodo’s mission to Mordor. Lord of the Rings: War in the North allows 1, 2, or 3 players to form there own fellowship and do there part in the war torn lands of Northern Middle Earth. This is also the first time that any Lord of the Rings title has delved into the realism and brutality of fighting in Middle Earth. Overwhelming numbers of blood thirsty Orcs, will require each player to utilise their skills and aid each other and ultimately defeat Sauron’s forces.
To get a closer look at these vital tools for well being, use that index finger of yours to scroll down:
- Sick of that troll knocking you to the ground? Try using your rolling dodge to avoid unblockable attacks by pressing B (Xbox 360), Circle (PlayStation 3), or Spacebar (PC). [Alternate without using buttons: Sick of that troll knocking you to the ground? Try using the rolling dodge to avoid unblockable attacks.]
- Did you know that skill attacks aren’t just limited to melee combat? Enter Ranged Mode to view your ranged skill attacks. Note: some ranged skill attacks can charge up to do extra damage.
- War in the North is all about loot. The color of the item’s name will tell you if it’s Common (white), Uncommon (green), Rare (blue), or Epic (purple) – each with better qualities than the last.
- Did you know Beleram can attack certain structures, like crossbow turrets or towers? Use Ranged Mode to target a structure and then call in Beleram by using a Great Feather.
- Whichever weapon you use, landing a critical strike on an enemy initiates Hero Mode so you can gain more XP and do extra damage.
- Missed an on-screen tutorial message? Visit the Log, and select Tutorial Messages to scroll through a list of helpful hints and tricks.
- One of the best ways to perfect your combat skills is a Challenge Map, unlocked after Sarn Ford. Beat these challenges for extra XP.
- There are many potions that give your character bonuses. Use Andriel’s racial ability to craft them, and then put them to use in a tight spot.
- Want to tell your allies to defend their position, or attack a wave of enemies? Press up on the D-pad (or C on the keyboard) to tell your allies to go on the offensive, and down on the D-pad (or Z on the keyboard) to have them hold their ground.
- Want Andriel to throw a sanctuary around you while playing solo? Move away from the fray and press down on the d-pad (so that your AI companions go into defensive mode). If there’s room from enemies, and she can break away, she’ll come to your aid.
- Want to move an item around in your inventory? For console players, select the item in the Inventory screen, then hold the Ranged Attack button to move the item. For PC, simply left click, hold, and then drag and drop to a new inventory slot.
- Keep an eye out for armor sets! If you equip multiple pieces of the same set, your bonuses will increase with each piece you wear.
- Need to break the block of a tough enemy? Hold your block button then use your normal melee attack to push the enemy back forcefully, allowing you a chance to hit them.
Lord of the Rings: War in the North will be available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and Mac from the 25th of November.