Back in January, Klei Entertainment teased their first expansion for Don’t Starve with a new trailer. The DLC – entitled Reign of Giants – has now got an official release date for PlayStation 4, and it will launch in both North America and Europe next week.
The add-on will expand the game with a selection of new playable characters, changing seasons and environmental elements to contend with, extra enemies and creatures to encounter, and more. These additions might make the game even more testing than before, so don’t get comfortable.
Check out the key features for the DLC below, courtesy of AllGamesBeta:
• New playable characters: Reign of Giants adds two characters for players to discover and survive with. Play as Wigfrid, a stage actress who went a bit too far with method acting on her latest role, an ancient Valkyrie, or Webber, a young boy who lives inside the spider who tried to eat him long ago.
• Year-round starvation: Struggle through a full year of seasons as you experience the torrential rain falls of spring and the blistering heat of summer.
• A bigger, badder world: New biomes have been filled to the brim with new creatures and gatherables that will either help you survive – or kill you.
• An extra save slot: You asked, we delivered.
• Giants: They’re in the name for crying out loud!
The Don’t Starve: Reign of Giants Expansion will be released on PlayStation 4 on July 22 in North America and July 23 in Europe. Upon release, it will cost $4.99 on PSN, whilst PS+ members will also get a 10% launch discount.