One of the coolest announcements from yesterday’s Sony conference at Paris Games Week was Boundless: a procedurally generated single player world where both PS4 and PC gamers will be able to play together across platforms.
This super ambitious title lets you do whatever you want, visit wherever you want and play with whoever you want. Open a portal to a completely new world, craft a home for yourself and live alone or with a small community of friends. The possibilities are endless in this open-ended game from developers, Wonderstruck.
Here is a list of some of the awesome things you’ll be able to do in Boundless, courtesy of the PlayStation Blog:
- Hunt for creatures in dangerous areas and sell the rare loot and materials you find to non-combative citizens.
- Offer your services as a master-builder to other citizens and do honest work for coin.
- Collect the weirdest creatures from across the universe and open a space zoo (!), then charge citizens coin to visit.
- Create amazing sandbox contraptions like people cannons and hyper-efficient crafting machines, and then sell copies of the blueprints to other players so they can create them too.
- Collect the most valuable and rarest resources from across the universe and open a shop that citizens will flock to.
- Open a Portal hub, connecting your world to distant worlds across the universe and allow citizens to travel, for a fee of course!
- Become a Boundless real estate agent, by searching for and claiming the coolest plots of land and then selling them to other players for coin.
- Craft the coolest wearables, the tint them to perfection and open a boutique fashion store.
Check out the video below and let us know what you think in the comments: