It’s amazing just how many announcements Nintendo can fit into their short directs, but here’s a round up of the rest of the headlines.
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age S is coming this Autumn and you’ll be able to play the game in full 3D, or switch (haha) to a retro 8bit style.
Dragon Quest Builders 2 will launch on Nintendo Switch on July 12th. In the new game you’ll be able to partake in 4 player co-op, and even play in first person mode. If the game detects save data for the first game on your Switch you’ll be able to craft the tunic that the first game’s protagonist wears.
Starlink: Battle for Atlas will get a Switch exclusive update which will see Fox’s buddies Falco, Peppy and Slippy become playable and tackle a new set of missions, as well as take on Fox’s missions from the base game. This will release in April with a bunch of new features such as Starship Races and special faction missions.
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker has a free update available now, this brings 2-player co-op to the game. There’ll be paid DLC out on March 14 which will feature eighteen challenges and five new courses. Pre-orders are open now, and if you do you can play one of the new levels now.
Yoshi’s Crafted World is out next month, but there’s a demo available to download now which contains the first few levels of the game. Nintendo showed off a range of new features such as cars and a gacha with costumes to collect. The game releases on March 29.
Tetris 99 is an online Tetris game that will see you compete with 98 other players to see who can last the longest. Just in case anyone thought that the Battle Royale genre couldn’t diversify further. The game’s available now for Nintendo Switch Online Subscribers.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order will release this summer exclusively on Switch. The Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men and Captain Marvel have all been confirmed. Here’s a trailer for you:
Here’s some new games with release dates for you:
- Final Fantasy IX is available on Switch right now, you should grab it, it’s excellent.
- Final Fantasy VII will release on March 26, it’s a port of the PC port of the PS1 game.
- Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon will release on March 20.
- Unravel 2 is coming to Nintendo Switch on March 22,
- Assassin’s Creed 3 remastered is coming to Nintendo Switch and will include all the DLC including Liberation and will release May 21.
- Finally Toby Fox’s Undertale follow up Deltarune: Chapter 1 will release on Switch on February 28 for free. Future chapters however will not be free.
Finally, here;s some stuff with not so specific release windows:
- Ver 3.0 for Smash Bros. Ultimate will release this Spring, with a whole host of improvements to modes as well as balancing.
- Rune Factory 4 Special will release later this year, also Rune Factory 5 is in development
- Oninaki is a new game from the makers of I am Setsuna, it’s due out this Summer.
- Dead by Daylight is coming to Switch in Autumn 2019.
- GRID Autosport will release will all DLC included, 100 cars, 100 tracks, motion controls and custom controls all this summer.
- Disney Tsum Tsum Festival will launch this year.
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will release in the Summer as well complete with terrible voice acting.
One last thing, Daemon X Machina has a demo out now featuring four prototype missions. This is a test for the developers to see how the game fares and as such selected players will receive e-mails after their participation to gauge their reaction.
Well, I hope you enjoyed the direct as much as I did. If you didn’t see it, here’s the Direct itself embedded below: