In case you missed it there was a Nintendo Direct last night solely focused on Super Mario Maker 2 and in it Nintendo dropped a load of T.
If you thought some of the course creations in the original Super Mario Maker were tough be prepared to face a new kind of hell as the sequel arrives with a slew of new items to drop into courses to make a player’s life awful. In a twist though this Mario Maker will come with a new single player story mode consisting of over 100 Nintendo designed courses.
I’ve embedded the Direct below, but I figured i’d Give you a brief summary of the new things you can put into your creations:
- The Angry Sun (from Super Mario Bros. 3)
- On/Off Switch
- Water level adjustments (you can now make part of the level under water and it can be made to rise and fall at different speeds
- Red Banzai Bills (they home in)
- Co-operative creation
- New course themes (snow, desert, forest and sky)
- Super Mario 3D World course style (not actually 3D though)
- The Cat suit
- and more
There’ll also be new sharing options and a multiplayer versus mode, finally there’ll be a special edition featuring a Nintendo Online subscription and an exclusive Nintendo Switch console bundle. So get planning, it releases on June 28.