The return of Streets of Rage brings with it musical talent from games such as Street Fighter II, Sonic the Hedgehog, Jet Set Radio and Ninja Gaiden.
There’s no official release date for Streets of Rage 4 as yet, but the fact that such a beloved franchise is coming back is always cause for celebration. We’re already aware of the game’s new look, and now we’ve got news on the people behind the music to accompany your beating of street thugs. If you’re not aware of the names, you’ll be more than aware of the games they’ve worked on:
- Yūzō Koshiro: Worked on Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3, Ys I and II, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Revenge of Shinobi, Shenmue I and II, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, ActRaiser 1 and 2.
- Motohiro Kawashima: Worked on Streets of Rage 2 and 3, Shinobi II abd Batman Returns
- Yoko Shimomura: Worked on Street Fighter II, Kingdom Hearts I, II and III, Super Mario RPG, Legend of Mana and Parasite Eve.
- Hideki Naganuma: Worked on Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future, Super Monkey Ball and SEGA Rally 2.
- Keiji Yamagishi: Worked on Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl and Captain Tsubasa
All things considered this is an exemplary line-up of talent for Streets of Rage’s return after twenty-five years. So, be excited, hopefully we’ll get confirmation of a date and formats soon.