PS4 players can dive into the newest Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 season: ‘Operation Dark Divide’. Those on other platforms will have to wait just a little bit longer I’m afraid.
The new content, which has been inspired by heroes and villians, two new multiplayer maps, a new Blackout mode and hero-themed personalisation items and gear.
In addition, Treyarch are concluding the Aether storyline, which has been over 10 years in the making, with ‘Tag Der Toten’.
“For our final operation of the Black Ops Season, the team at Treyarch had a blast creating the ultimate battle between good and evil, imagined through alternate universe versions of our Specialist characters as heroes and villains,” said Dan Bunting, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch. “In addition to the heroic experiences of the operation, we can’t wait to share the epic final chapter of the Zombies Aether story – the end of an adventure more than ten years in the making.”
Mark Gordon, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch continued, “Having introduced Zombies as an easter egg in Call of Duty®: World at War, this final chapter for the Aether storyline marks an emotional moment for us as developers. We’ve poured all of that energy and emotion into Tag Der Toten, and we can’t wait for players to experience it for themselves.”
As well as the above, the ‘Operation Dark Divide’ update will also include:
- New Blackout Updates – Blackout is getting a new comoc book aesthetic. You can also double jump in the new limited-time mode, Heavy Metal Heroes. New equipment like flare guns and a new tank vehicle have also been added o the battlefield.
- New Zombies Features – Operation Dark Divide introduces a new Perk and two new Elixirs as part of the Aether storyline:
- Secret Shopper Elixer: Players will be able to go on an ammo shopping spree and buy any ammo for any gun they’re holding from any wall buy.
- Power Vacuum Elixer: The drop rate for all power ups is boosted significantly for a few minutes after activating.
- Blaze Phase Perk: Players can become a charging fireball that knocks enemies back or burns them to a crisp.
- New Black Market Gear – The Black Market has been restocked with a variety of new outfits fit for both heroes and villains, personalisation items, weapon camos and gestures. This includes new weapons like the VMP SMG, AN-94 Assault Rifle and the Echohawk Dual Bore Assault Rifle. Also available are the MkII and the Mastercraft variants of the VKM 750, the Predator S6 Stingray Mastercraft, and two super outfits for Nomad (“Lupine”) and Crash (“Rigor Mortis”).