It’s time for this week’s charts, and surprise, surprise – FIFA 14 rules the charts with an iron fist…or boot, if you prefer.
Elsewhere in the charts, Nintendo have had an absolutely poor time, with only 4 games in the top 40 (Pokemon X at 31, Pokemon Y at 32, Animal Crossing: New Leaf at 35 and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds at 36). Why is no-one buying the sublime Super Mario 3D World?
Next-gen exclusives aren’t really making their mark, although Playstation 4’s Killzone: Shadows Fall reaches number 8, while Xbox One’s Forza Motorsport 5 is at 12. Ryse: Son of Rome is all the way down to 25.
Finally, thanks to some sale prices, Aliens: Colonial Marines has somehow crawled it’s way through the air ducts of this week’s charts, all the way up to Number 10. Shame on you.
Here’s that Top Ten, in full:
- FIFA 14 (EA Sports)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
- Battlefield 4 (EA Games)
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
- Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
- LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive)
- Need For Speed: Rivals (EA Games)
- Killzone: Shadow Fall (Sony Computer Entertainment)
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (SEGA)