Call of Duty: Black Ops III has taken the top position in this week’s all-platform sales charts, making it the UK’s official Christmas number one game.
MCV reports that this is the sixth Call of Duty title to take the Christmas top spot, as the series refuses to budge in popularity around the festive period. Star Wars: Battlefront commendably takes second, despite The Force Awakens releasing earlier this week which was expected to make sales skyrocket.
FIFA 16 took third place, with Fallout 4 in fourth and the incredibly popular Minecraft: Story Mode in fifth. Black Ops III sales were up 33 per cent week-on-week, with Star Wars up 20 per cent and FIFA 24 per cent.
You can see the full top 10 below:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision)
2. Star Wars Battlefront (EA)
3. FIFA 16 (EA)
4. Fallout 4 (Bethesda)
5. Minecraft: Story Mode (Telltale)
6. Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft)
7. Just Cause 3 (Square Enix)
8. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
9. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege (Ubisoft)
10. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Sony)