Putting Mewgenics on the back burner for now to concentrate on this newly announced game, Team Meat have revealed their latest project, coming to phones, tablets, steam, and possibly other platforms, but they aren’t set in stone yet.
Apparently, you’re at PAX you can go and try the game, which makes me insanely jealous of you, as Super Meat Boy is one of my favourite games of all time.
Here are the details:
- SMB:F will release sometime next year for phones, tablets and steam. (possibly others but this is all we have set in stone right now)
- SMB:F will feature a full story, 6 chapters, and double the bosses the original game featured.
- SMB:F is not an endless runner, but will feature an endless mode with online high scores and daily runs.
- SMB:F will feature a full fledged dark world featuring dark warp zones, bosses, new playable indie game characters and more.
- SMB:F will feature a vast randomly generated level structure that ensures a totally new play experience with each death.
- SMB:F is only 2 months into development, but as you can see things are moving pretty fast.
- SMB:F is not a simple endless runner
- SMB:F will not use abusive $ tactics to drain your wallet and cheapen the game experience
- SMB:F is not a port of super meat boy
- SMB:F is not a one button game
- SMB:F is not exclusive to phones/touch screens
Team Meat are also keen to point out that Mewgenics is not cancelled, they just want to work on Forever in a full-time capacity. Once this is done, they’ll be going back to Mewgenics.
Our goal with SMB:F is to design a new full length platformer for touch devices from the ground up to avoid tacking bad controls on an existing design. we want to make something that embodies the original Super Meat Boy but is designed around a simple yet intuitive control scheme allowing for pin point accuracy and surprisingly deep controls without the use of multiple buttons/analog sticks.