The “beginner-friendly” 2D fighting game Pocket Rumble, inspired by Neo Geo Pocket Colour fighters, is heading to the Nintendo Switch eShop early next month.
Designed with a two-button input system, Pocket rumble is meant to appeal to both new players and experienced veterans of the genre. There’s a nice list of features too:
- Simple 2-button controls with universal and easy special move inputs, involving no complex joystick motions
- Short combos with straightforward timing and cancel system
- Diverse cast of characters, each with their own unique meter and mechanics
- On-screen frame data bar and visual indicators for properties such as invulnerability to introduce players to fighting game basics
- Near-flawless online multiplayer with GGPO netcode
- HD rumble support, specific to the Nintendo Switch version
Originally launched on Steam Early Access, Pocket Rumble will even be updated with “crowdfund backer-designed bosses” and “crossover character bosses” later on. These will come first to Steam, but will be added to the Switch version in a later update.
Pocket Rumble is out now on PC, and will release on the Nintendo Switch eShop on July 5th.