According to the Kingdom Hearts Twitter page Kingdom Hearts III will be launching without its Epilogue.
Included in a series of tweets which detail the post launch update schedule is confirmation that the Epilogue video will be patched in the day after release on 30 January. In order to be able to watch it, players will need to have completed the game beforehand.
The series of tweets also confirmed that a secret video will also be added to the game, but Square Enix confirms that you will have to have completed the story and fulfilled some specific criteria whilst in game in order to be able to watch it.
Wednesday, January 30
*Players will need to have completed #KingdomHearts III and seen the ending to view this video.
— KINGDOM HEARTS (@KINGDOMHEARTS) January 11, 2019
The update schedule detailed in the series of tweets has been re-produced below:
Tuesday, January 29th
- Update 1.01 (several data fixes) Memory Archive (videos)
- The Memory Archive option will be added to the game’s title menu and can be viewed at any time.
- The Memory Archive is a digest of the Kingdom Hearts story in the series up to this point.
Wednesday, January 30th
- Epilogue (video)
- Players will need to have completed Kingdom Hearts III and seen the ending to view this video.
Thursday, January 31st
- Secret (video)
- Players will need to have completed Kingdom Hearts III and seen the ending, as well as fulfilled certain criteria during play to view this video.
- The criteria vary depending on the difficulty level selected.
- The epilogue and secret movie are video content that will enhance player’s enjoyment of the world of Kingdom Hearts.
- These pieces of downloadable content are additional elements for Kingdom Hearts III
- The main game allows players to proceed to and view the ending without the need for an internet connection.
Thanks to TrueAchievements for the source.