PlayStation 3 And PC Call Of Duty Gamers Get Annihilation Today
PlayStation 3 and Windows PC gamers can finally head out from their bunkers to receive the incoming new Call of Duty: Black Ops map pack, entitled Annihilation. This is the third add-on to be released for the record-breaking first-person shooter, and after a month of Xbox 360 exclusivity, gamers across all platforms can now experience the new maps. Annihilation features four new locations for multiplayer game modes to take place across, as well as another new Zombies experience gamers will attempt to survive through.
The Annihilation add-on map pack features the following:
· “Hangar 18,” buried deep within the military black site Area 51, where gamers will battle through experimental weapons labs, the SR-71 test hangar and a mysterious autopsy room.
· “Drive-In,” where players engage in close-quarters combat through a 1960s drive-in theater, complete with snack shack and a classic arcade.
· “Silo,” a massive multilevel battleground tucked within a super-secret Soviet era nuclear missile site.
· “Hazard,” perched on the verdant Cuban cliffside, where gamers traverse a coastal golf course fit for a dictator. This is the only set of links where the hazards shoot back.
· “Shangri-La,” the all-new Zombies experience, which transports players to a mythical paradise overrun with the undead. Face off against new species of zombies and navigate a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns, all set within a lost jungle shrine.
And in addition to this new release, Treyarch and Activision have announced that they will celebrate this release by holding a Double XP weekend across all platforms that now have the Annihilation pack, so Xbox 360 gamers won’t be left out. Even Nintendo Wii gamers will be included in the event. The Double XP weekend will run from Friday, 29th July through to Sunday, 31st July.
The Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation map pack launches on PlayStation 3, via the PlayStation Network, and Windows PC today. It already launched on Xbox LIVE on June 28th, due to a 30-day exclusivity deal on all Call of Duty: Black Ops DLC.