Arc System Works Announces Release Date for BlazBlue:Continuum Shift Extend
Designed by the team behind the wildly popular Guilty Gear franchise, the BlazBlue series has managed to amass a sizable following of its very own. The critically-acclaimed series has already seen one sequel and multiple spin-offs, perhaps as a result of the fortuitous fighting game revival. Keen on keeping their momentum, developer Arc System Works have announced the release for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend.
This ultimate edition will coincide with the launch of Sony’s PlayStation Vita and will feature, among other things, the ability to play a re-mastered version of the “Calamity Trigger” story. This renders Continuum Shift Extend into both a must have for fans and a logical starting point for newcomers.
The complete list of additional content is as follows:
- Brand new character, Relius Clover.
- All DLC characters, Makoto Nanaya, Valkenhayn R Hellsing and Platinum the Trinity, as well as previously unlock-only Mu12, available from the offset.
- The original ‘Calamity Trigger’ story re-mastered, allowing new players to experience the epic saga from the very beginning.
- All-new stories and scenarios – taking the total amount to 23 individual tales to play through.
- Brand new Unlimited Mars Mode and improved Abyss Mode.
- All-new team battles for an even better, and more competitive, online experience.
- BlazBlue’s renowned tutorials and challenge modes to help improve the skill of both new players and BlazBlue veterans.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend will release on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita on February the 22nd