MMOs go through massive periods of beta testing before they’re let loose on the general public and Carbine Studios’ highly anticipated game (by us, here at GodisaGeek anyway) WildStar is no exception to that rule.
After a successful first round of beta testing, the sci-fi fantasy MMO is heading straight into its second and, this time around, the pool of potential players isn’t locked to their respective regions. Anyone who gets access to the beta can redeem it, no matter where in the globe they’re located.
The second beta phases concentrates solely on The Dominion, one of the factions that you’ll be able to play as when the final game is released (and the focus of the following video) and, as such, The Exiles have been hidden away to ensure that people focus on the singular faction.
The highlights of the second phase of beta testing are listed below, but the full patch notes – in English – can be found here.
- The Exile faction have been hidden away for this round of beta, but give a warm welcome to the Dominion!
- The Ruins of Kel Voreth have opened up for testing. This dungeon is intended for level 20 players.
- Battleground: Smash & Grab is now available. This 10v10 Capture the Flag variant opens immediately at level 3, and is available all the way through the beta level cap of 30.
- The old Attribute names (Strength, Dexterity, Technology , Magic, Wisdom, Stamina) have been renamed for more WildStar-ian flair: Brutality, Finesse, Tech, Moxie, Insight, and Grit.
- Milestones and Attributes have had a major redesign. See the Class notes below for more details.
Carbine Studios has already begun sending invitations to Closed Beta Two, so keep an eye on your inboxes and spam folders.