One of 2014’s most discussed and played games, Bungie’s Destiny, is getting a big new update in the near future, with working being stepped up this coming week to make the long awaited patch a reality.
In this weeks Bungie Weekly Update, the contents of the incoming additions and changes to the game were detailed:
– A renowned Heavy Ammo bug will finally be fixed.
– The weekly heroic strike will now only be a match made activity. The reason for this, as given by lead designer M.E. Chung is:
“We wanted the Weekly Heroics to be a challenge that pushed you and your buddies, but what we observed was that these strikes don’t demand the same cooperation of a cohesive pre-made group. The overwhelming community response was such that many players didn’t have the numbers on their friends list to experience the activity on a weekly basis.”
– Xûr will stop forgetting Exotic Engrams.
– Iron Banner will work as previously promised, with a bigger variety of maps and new Bounties.
– Strikes and Crucible Maps will be less likely to repeat themselves when you stay in a matchmaking playlist with your Fireteam.
– Grimoire cards will drop when they are supposed to.
More additional updates are to be revealed closer to launch.
Destiny is certainly a game that has pulverised opinion since it’s launch back in September, but we enjoyed it, and you can read our review here.