Two weeks after its release Bethesda have finally released the first patch for Fallout 4 on PC, albeit it’s only in Beta at this moment in time.
However, even though it is yet to be fully released, it does appear that the patch has managed to fix many of the bugs that have no doubt been haunting your dreams of late – and we’re not talking about the bloatflies.
Here is a list of all the new features and fixes from the Steam page, and also how you can be a tester of the patch:
- Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
- Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with When Freedom Calls where the quest would not complete
- During Confidence Man, fixed issue where player’s health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly
This beta update is a work in progress so before opting into the beta, back up your saved games. Please give us feedback at our beta forums[forums.bethsoft.com]
To get the beta, you need to do the following:
1. Log into Steam
2. Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
3. Select Settings
4. Select Betas
5. A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
6. Select OK.
7. Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
8. When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library
If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta anymore, redo steps 1 – 4. At the drop down, select NONE – Opt out of all beta programs.