Ubisoft has released plenty of information detailing their plans for The Division long after its released. The online open-world shooter will receive plenty of new challenges and missions within the main storyline and end game through daily and weekly challenges as well as Dark Zone events. Along with this, the game will feature two free updates for all players including new features and most-wanted functionality:
- Incursions: In April, the first free update will introduce the first incursion, a new challenging end-game activity developed specifically for squad play. Teams will be able to test their skills as they face seemingly unstoppable enemies to gain high-level weapons and equipment. This update will also add one of the community’s most-wanted feature, loot trading; allowing players in the same group to trade loot collected during a co-op game session.
- Conflict: In May, the second free update will add new features to the Dark Zone and add a new incursion in the iconic Columbus Circle.
On top of all of this, there will be three paid for expansions to be released over a year featuring lots of new content. All expansions will be part of the Season Pass, Gold Edition and Sleeper Agent/Collector’s Edition of the game:
- Expansion I: Underground: Available in June, this first major expansion lets players explore the uncharted underworld of New York City. Players will chase deadly enemies with up to three other Agents through an endless maze of tunnels and subways.
- Expansion II: Survival: Available this summer, this expansion will challenge players to survive as long as possible by gathering essential supplies in a very hostile environment.
- Expansion III: Last Stand: Next winter, a new threat rises as players and their squad must prepare to defend against a relentless foe.
The Division will be released on March 8 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Watch the trailer for The Division’s Year One content plans below: