Four new games to be prototyped from Double Fine’s Amnesia Fortnight
Double Fine have recently finished their latest Amnesia Fortnight, and out of 25 games suggested four have been chosen to be prototyped.
- The purpose of the exercise is to get the team thinking creatively and coming up with new and original ideas for new games to work on. You can see the results of the process in the video above. The chosen projects are:
- Darwin’s Dinner – Darwin’s Dinner is a survival game where your actions shape the evolution of the creatures you eat.
- I Have No Idea What I’m Doing – I Have No Idea What I’m Doing is a fast-paced VR party game where you need to rely on your friends outside VR to figure out who you are, where you are, and what the heck you’re supposed to be doing.
- Kiln – Kiln is a multiplayer, team-based brawler with a focus on creating unique player sculpted characters featuring crazy physics-based animation and destruction.
- The Gods Must be Hungry – A 3D platformer where warrior chefs make giant meals to stop ravenous gods from eating the human race!
For the next eleven days the teams will be working to develop these ideas into something playable. You’ll be able to keep up to date with their progress via Double Fine’s YouTube channel.