Paradox Interactive has today announced that the newest story pack for Stellaris titled ‘First Contact’ will release on March 14 this year. The latest content will focus on new interactions with pre-FTL civilizations along with a new cloaking technology, as well as new origins, story content, and game mechanics.
Other features of First Contact for Stellaris include:
- New Origins:
- Broken Shackles: You didn’t take to the stars; you were taken to the stars as an alien captive! Now, you and your fellow prisoners have overtaken the ship and found yourselves banding together to survive and thrive as a diverse new community. Can you rise to greatness from this humble origin… and will your former captors take notice?
- Payback: No one would have believed your world was being watched keenly by intelligences greater than your own – until they invaded. But you did not go quietly into the night! Your civilization has repelled a would-be conqueror from space, and with sudden access to their advanced technology, you’re about to discover just what else is out there beyond the stars!
- Fear of the Dark: As you’ve explored your home system, you’ve always suspected you weren’t alone in the galaxy… especially when one of your planets suddenly suffered an “incident” a while back. A very large faction of your own people have long advocated against tempting fate out in the dark abyss of the unknown. What path will you choose as you find yourself needing room to grow?
- New Pre-FTL Interaction Options: What will your role be when the next member of the galactic community tells their origin story? New mechanics allow for a broader range of interactions with pre-FTL civilizations, depending on their level of technology and their awareness of your presence. Will your arrival be celebrated, or met with violent panic?
- Cloaking Technology: Nobody saw this feature coming! Equip your ships with cloaking devices to survey in secret or catch a foe unaware; keep subtle tabs on your pre-FTL neighbours with cloaked observation posts. Just be sure your own scanners and intel are strong… you never know which of your neighbours might be lurking in the shadows!
Along with the announcement for First Contact’s release date, players will also be able to pre-order from the Stellaris Steam page. When it launches, the newest update will also be going live. 3.7 ‘Canis Minor’ is a free update from the Stellaris custodians team, and will include various improvements and additions for everyone.