Borderlands 2 was certainly one of our favourite games of last year, even if it didn’t earn our prestigious Game of The Year award (although it did reach #4 on our list).
Which is why we’re still happy to see Borderlands 2 get the standard Game of The Year Edition, as announced by Gearbox Software and 2K (via IGN). As per most releases of this type, on October 11th (or a little earlier on October 8th, if you list in North America) you’ll get:
- Borderlands 2 (very important to include this!)
- Captain Scarlett & Her Pirate’s Booty DLC Mission
- Mr. Torque’s Campaign of Carnage DLC Mission
- Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt DLC Mission
- Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep DLC Mission
- Gaige The Mechromancer DLC Class
- Krieg The Psycho DLC Class
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1 (which raises the level cap to 61)
- Collector’s Edition skins and heads
- Premiere Club content (Creature Slaughter Dome, Gearbox Gun Pack, Vault Hunter’s Relic)
Next week will also see the release of the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2, which will raise the level cap to a whopping 72; plus a few other challenges and items.
Borderlands 2: GOTY Edition will be released on October 8th in North America and October 11th in Europe, for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.