Good, Bad or Shattered Memories?!
A few months ago Konami announced they are in the process of remaking (or reinvisioning as they like to call it) the original Silent Hill exclusively for the Wii. The game is currently being developed by Climax Studios and is called Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.When we originally heard about this we thought “Why oh why would you do that? Leave the old classic alone!” but then our minds suddenly changed.
- Harry is moved using the control stick.
- The Wii remote is used to aim the flashlight
- No load times
- When you look at something Harry will vocally respond
- The Wii remote acts as your cell phone, and the static noise comes out of the Wii remote speaker
- Combat has been removed from the game, you can only flee
- When the monsters chase you the Z button will allow you to break through doors, climb fences, through windows etc.
The above details really changed our minds and we thought to ourselves “Hmm this could actually be decent”. The only gameplay mechanic that made us slightly worried was the fact that there would be no actual combat in the game. Then our minds went back in time a little and we asked ourselves was the combat a huge part of Silent Hill anyway? The answer was no. Besides I know I wouldn’t be standing still and trying to kill nasties on my own in a spooky town like that, I would run away as fast as I could!
The imaginative use of the Wii remote is what really got us smiling though, the fact that it would be acting as your flashlight and phone/radio. I mean imagine sitting alone in the dark (best way to play these games) and then all of a sudden getting totally freaked out by sounds coming out of the Wii remote. In theory it all sounds great, we hope the developers can pull it off as the Wii certainly needs more games like this.
Oh and just for your viewing pleasure we have the first trailer for the game, enjoy!