Deus Ex: Human Revolution Release Date Announced
Just recently, there have been too many days without any news about Deus Ex: Human Revolution. When one considers that the ideal amount of Deus Ex news, per day, is three lengthy stories, it is obvious just how severe this drought has been. Fortunately the clouds have broken and shining down upon is as much Deus Ex news as you can handle. And some screenshots, just for good measure.
First the big news; the release date.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution with see its European release on the 26th of August, 2011, for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC platforms. If you didn’t know by now Deus Ex: Human Revolution is an action RPG where the player takes control of cybernetically augmented Adam Jensen and controls his part in a global conspiracy. Exciting, futuristic stuff. True to its heritage, the game promises an immersive world where every decision has lasting consequences. At God is a Geek, we are keeping our fingers crossed that this one is a bit special.
The game will be released in two editions; a standard edition and or the limited Augmented Edition. Pre-order of the standard edition will reward players with the Explosive Mission Pack which will feature an entirely new mission with a special cameo appearance from one of the original DEUS EX characters, plus the Automatic Unlocking Device, the M-28 Utility Remote-Detonated Explosive Device (UR-DED) and the Linebacker G-87 multiple shot grenade launcher.
The Augmented Edition boasts features the same exclusive mission and weapons as the Explosive Mission Pack, 10,000 extra credits to buy or upgrade weapons, plus a Huntsman Silverback Double-Barrel Shotgun, and the SERSR Longsword Whisperhead silenced sniper rifle. If that’s not enough, the Augmented Edition also contains an exclusive bonus DVD featuring a 44- minute “making of” special, game soundtrack, motion-comic (adapted from DC’s official series), the E3 trailer and animated storyboard, and a 40-page art book. Blimey.
As a final hurrah on today’s Deus Ex news, here is the newly announced feature list and a brand spanking new screenshot:
● A legend reborn: Deus Ex makes its much‐anticipated return delivering players an unmatched gaming experience
● Ultimate fusion of action and role-play: A unique combination of action-packed close-quarter takedowns and intense shooting, offering a vast array of augmentations and upgrades for the many weapons at your disposal
● Multi-solution structure: Choose how to accomplish each mission using combat, hacking, stealth or social mode to create a customized experience to suit any gaming style.
● Choice and consequence: Live in a reactive world in which a multitude of approaches, paths, and tools are at the player’s disposal- each choice resulting in a consequence that affects the game dynamics and story
● Diverse customization: Engage in combat and challenges utilizing deep, specialized character augmentations and weapon upgrades
● Unique visual design: Become immersed in a Cyber Renaissance setting that masterfully blends near future and Renaissance era styles
● Explore the world: Traverse numerous locales across the globe — each with its own distinct art direction — in Adam’s search to uncover a worldwide conspiracy