Major New Updates for iOS Versions of Plants vs. Zombies
PopCap have just released huge updates for the iOS versions of Planet vs. Zombies, whether you own it on iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch there’s now even more to enjoy.
iPad players can expect a whole heap of new content in the update:
- 3 new game modes: Zen Garden (free with option to add Mushroom Garden and Aquarium Garden); Vasebreaker Endless (includes 8 levels of Vasebreaker); and I, Zombie Endless (includes 8 levels of I, Zombie).
- 4 new mini-games: Slot Machine (free), plus option to add a mini-game pack, including Zombiquarium, Portal Combat and Beghouled Twist.
- Game Center leaderboards: Features new menu section and added GameCenter support for four all-new leaderboards — Zombies Killed, I, Zombie Endless, Vasebreaker Endless, and Peking Express.
- 28 New Game Center achievements.
- Mystery sprouts: New Crazy Dave shop items that when purchased will add a plant to your Zen Garden: Normal, Bronze; Silver and Gold.
Players on who own the iPhone/iPod Touch version of the game will receive a smaller update:
- Vasebreaker game mode (includes 8 Vasebreaker levels and Vasebreaker Endless).
- 4 new Game Center achievements.
- All-new Game Center leaderboard for Vasebreaker Endless, so players can track their scores within the player community.
The update is completely free although some content will have to be unlocked via in-game currency, this can either be earned by simply playing the game or by purchasing coins via micro-transactions. No word has been given on whether the update will be coming to other devices/platforms.
Plants vs. Zombies is available to download right now from the app store, for £4.99 on iPad and £1.99 on iPhone and iPod Touch.