New Challenge Mode and Boss Battles Coming to WRC3 Career Mode
Rally fans have just under 2 weeks to wait until the release of WRC3, with the release creeping ever closer, developer Milestone have let loose a little more information on the games career mode.
It feels like the world has gone race game mad here at GodisaGeek, what with the recent and upcoming glut of racer releases. Hoping to stand out from the crowd with their latest World Rally Championship effort is publisher/developer Milestone, with WRC3, set for release October 12th.
Today, Milestone have announced new boss battle and challenges for the games career mode. Presented in game as ‘special events’, the goal will be to master specific game mechanics. A sort of hardcore tutorial, if you like.
The challenges will include:
• Drift Contest: Coloured poles are positioned along the road and the driver is awarded points to drift the car as near to them as possible.
• Rally School Contest: The player has to race on a section of a Special Stage trying to keep the car inside the cones.
• Crash & Run: Negotiate with the tracks hitting the bonus points and avoiding the minus points.
• Gate Contest: Reach the finish line avoiding obstacles along the track. Obstacles consist of a series of gates, some of them fake which can be easily destroyed and others that are far thicker, slowing the car down when hit. Every gate has an indicator that shows if it’s a fake or not. However, the indicator is only activated when the player is very close. It’s all about speed and reflexes!
• Survival Contest: Your car will degrade as the clock counts down, the only way to pass the challenge is to reach the finish line as fast as possible whilst passing over Repair Kits that will give the car a bit of health back.
• Top Rally Contest: The player races through a Special Stage driving to beat his opponent who is in a “Special Vehicle”. Beat the vehicle to earn the highest points.
• Combo Contest: Mixes two or more mechanics from the other challenges.
Finally, the Boss Battle – in total 7 – will try the players abilities through a special head to head mode. They will have the chance to race against the boss driver of the track trying to reach the first position. This final stage race will allow access to the next track on the career mode.
Sébastien Pellicano, Milestone’s Game Director affirmed,
“This year we’ve decided to make WRC 3 more accessible to players who are new to the franchise, through a brand new career mode. We can assure hardcore gamers that this won’t change the nature of the WRC license itself. Plus we strongly believe that these new contents will offer a more dynamic experience to all the players who relish in the authenticity of WRC 3”.
Much to look forward too, then. Check out the challenge trailer below, and feel free to let us know what you think in the comments section.