Getting press releases about the upcoming High Moon Studios developed Deadpool game is always great, because they include some Deadpool-style character.
The latest one we have received is all about the pre-order bonuses for our North American friends (we’re betting the UK ones aren’t far behind, either). But first, a word from Deadpool:
So I, the great and magMANimous Deadpool, cordially intimidated invited Activision Publishing, Inc. and High Moon Studios to make a video game starring Marvel’s most Marvel-ous character, me. And you being a gamer of unquestionable good taste wish to pre-order that game. Well I say bravo – you deserve some awesome rewards for putting your trust in Deadpool.
So here we go… Because Deadpool loves you, I’ve sent threats hugs and kisses to the heads of some major retailers to get you some sweet merch for pre-ordering the Merc.
And we’d be upsetting the merc if we didn’t list the pre-order goodies:
GameStop and EBGames
- MY “Merc with a Map Pack” DLC (confetti explosion!) adds two new maps – GRT Plaza and Inside the Tower – to Deadpool Challenge mode, as well as two b-b-b-b-bonus costumes – the D-Pooly and Uncanny X-Force suits only for use in the unlockable Infinite mode where your stats are tracked on a global leaderboard.
- Exclusive digital wallpaper for my PowerUp Rewards friends featuring who else – me!!! I’ll probably be, like, you know, totally ripped in it and all. No bigsies. – U.S. Only
- A (drum roll, please) midnight launch party at the GameStop with the most pre-orders (more drums!) paid BY Activision (now the bassoon!) with a LIVE appearance from ME, Das Pool! Now’s your chance, Kodiak, Alaska GameStop customers! – U.S. Only
- A $5 Amazon credit towards select Marvel graphic novels– but seriously… buy a Deadpool graphic novel.
- An exclusive digital wallpaper and digital cover sleeve, because what are you doing not staring at my perfectly sculpted body every waking moment of the day?
UPDATE: The European release date has now been confirmed, too – it’s June 28th, and you can get the “Merc with a Map Pack” DLC from GAME (UK) or GameStop (Ireland).
A Deadpool game done right could be amazing, so we’re really hoping that High Moon Studios pull it off. Take a look at a few newly released screenshots, as well as the pre-order goodies, via the image gallery below.
Deadpool will be released on June 25 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.