Rocket League is the best PS Plus surprise ever. It came out of nowhere and surprised everyone with just how good it was, and it was FREE on PS Plus.
Now, the first wave of DLC is due in August, and it has me silly excited. We get new cars, decals, rocket boosts, paint types and wheels, but also trophies and Steam achievements too.
Not only that, but there’ll be a new arena for us to play about in, and a Spectator mode. So now, you’ll be able to drop into a match currently in progress and watch people play. Might give you a few ideas on how to improve how you play?
Here’s the full list of DLC content:
- Dominus (classic American muscle car)
- Takumi (’90s-era Japanese street racer)
- 6 New Decals for both new Battle-Cars
- 5 New Paint Types
- Brushed Metal
- Carbon Fiber
- Metallic Pearl
- 2 New Rocket Boosts
- 2 New Wheels
- Cristiano (Soccer-themed rims)
- Spinner (Working spinner wheels)
The simultaneously-released Free Update includes:
- Utopia Coliseum (New regulation-type arena, thematically inspired by Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars’ Utopia map)
- Spectator Mode (Watch other players in real-time from any angle in 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 matches — 4v4 coming later)
- 3v3 Ranked Mode (By popular demand!)
- 70+ New Country Flags (Puerto Rico, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and more)
- Special “We’re Sorry the Servers Were Borked at Launch” customization items
- New Single, “Firework,” by Hollywood Principle
There’s a trailer below. Get excite!