PS4 and Xbox One players of Terraria are getting a huge update today, with developer Re-Logic calling it then biggest ever.
As well as the usual fixes and tweaks the new update will bring new modes, monsters, biomes, events and crafting to the 2D Minecraft-a-like. The game also sports a new codebase, giving it a feel more like the game’s PC brethren. You can find the full changelist here, but for those who can’t be bothered to click here’s a brief summary:
- A host of new enemies and events to combat, defeat, and plunder for loot
- Endgame Celestial Invasion Event and the Moonlord final boss encounter
- Brand new underground biomes to explore – Granite, Marble and more!
- New Expert mode designed to provide new challenges for even the most seasoned Terraria veterans – with the promise of greater rewards
- Updated crafting with multiple added item options
- Changes to NPCs, as well as some new friendly faces
- More than 800 new items to discover – bringing the total item count to more than 3500!
- Numerous quality of life upgrades and features that until now were only available on PC
If you’ve not played Terraria and want to get into it it’s worth knowing that it’s discounted on Xbox One right now at £4.08. So this is a good time to dig in (chortle)