EA Announce Grand Slam Tennis 2!
Wimbledon may be well over and at the back of every one’s mind but today EA have given tennis fans a reason to be cheerful. Electronic Arts have today announced that their tennis simulation will come out for another set in the form of Grand Slam Tennis 2. The series will be entering the high definition era for the first time and will be available on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation3, including support of the PlayStation Move controller.
The tennis simulation will feature all four Grand Slam championships and is still the only game to feature Wimbledon.
“We are very excited to bring the EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis franchise to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms and leverage the graphical power of these high definition consoles,” said Line Producer Thomas Singleton. “Players will now get to experience the excitement and drama of serving it up on famous tennis venues such as Wimbledon’s famed Centre Court.”
The original Grand Slam Tennis which was exclusively released on Nintendo’s Wii, is still a firm favorite with hardcore tennis fans as it offers the best motion controlled tennis experience on the market today. Fans will have to wait a while to get their hands on Grand Slam Tennis 2, a vague 2012 release window has been given. The title will likely be launched close to one of 2012’s Grand Slam events.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 will include a host of gameplay features including:
- All-New Total Racquet Control: Control every shot with the right analog stick, smashing forehands, backhands, overheads and volleys with precision, accuracy and power. Utilize this innovative control system to take your game to the top!
- Become a Champion: Become a true Grand Slam® tournament champion by capturing all four major championships in succession. The prestige of some of the most historic events in tennis come alive like never before, including the Australian Open, French Open, U.S. Open and exclusive to EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise – Wimbledon.
- PlayStation Move Support: The motion control experience gets you on your feet and puts a racquet right in the palm of your hands. From casual players to tennis masters, you truly have the chance to swing your way to victory.
- Legends of Now and Then: Play with or against more than 20 of the greatest players to ever grace the courts, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Bjorn Borg, Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams and exclusive to EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise, seventeen-time winner of a Grand Slam® tournament John McEnroe.
- Professional, Realistic, Organic (P.R.O.). AI: The playing styles and behaviors of the sport’s greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings and emotional reactions. Realistic tactics and strategies are your keys to success against each legend whether playing on hard court, clay or grass. The organic artificial intelligence adapts to your game so there’s never a dull moment!
- ESPN Grand Slam® Tournament Classics: Relive some of the most memorable moments in tennis. From Borg versus McEnroe to Nadal versus Federer, play your way through history unlocking up to 25 amazing moments of Grand Slam® tournaments.
- Deep Tennis Experience: Play countless hours of tennis in Play Now mode – singles and doubles, through a 10-year career or battle online. A wide variety of online gameplay features, Photo Game Face and more keep your experience fresh and authentic.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 will be released some time in 2012.