The first video game related price cuts have started to appear online, ahead of retail giant Amazon’s Prime Day tomorrow (July 15).
Prime Day is based on the idea of Black Friday, in which retailers sell products at a fraction of their regular retail price for one day only. However, you must be a member of Amazon’s £79/year Prime service in order to take advantage of the deals.
For those who are not members, Amazon have been advertising a free 30-day trial of Prime which will allow non-members to take part in the sales. Students can alternatively sign up to the service for six months free of charge by connecting their accounting to their university of college.
The deals are time-based and stock-limited: they only go live at a specific time and are available for a certain period or until stock is sold out. The first of the deals and their respective times can be found below. It should be noted that there will be more deals added as the day goes on. Happy shopping!
- 9.50am – Sleeping Dogs (PS4, Xbox One)
- 9.50am – Final Fantasy Type 0 (PS4)
- 10.50am – Battlefield 4 (PC)
- 11.50am – Disney Infinity 2.0 Avengers Starter Pack (PS3, PS4)
- 1.50pm – The Smurfs (3DS)
- 2.50pm – FIFA 15 (PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
- 2.50pm – Tomb Raider (PS4, Xbox One)
- 2.50pm – Disney Infinity 2.0 Avengers Starter Pack (Wii U, Xbox One)
- 2.50pm – Just Dance (PS3, PS4, Xbox One)
- 2.50pm – Far Cry 4 (Xbox One)