Capcom has revealed a brand new mode coming to Umbrella Corps called “Multi-Mission”. The mode supports up to 6 players and will have you face off in teams, with the first to win 3 out of 5 matches being crowded the victor.
As suggested, the mode will cycle through 8 different rulesets featuring variables and challenges different from the last. It promises to keep things varied for all competitors and will allow “the same team members to consecutively enjoy different gameplay experiences in a seamless way.” An overview of the different rulesets can be found below:
- Target Hunter – One target will be chosen per team and only killing that target will count towards the score. Players can choose whether to focus on protecting their own target or aggressively attacking the enemy target.
- Respawn Match – Team deathmatch featuring respawns. Take advantage of the on-screen sound radar map to locate the enemies’ random respawn points.
- Domination – Secure the specified data transmission point located within the stage for a longer time than the enemy team in order to win.
- DNA Hunter – Kill zombies and collect their DNA samples. Destroying the opposing team’s Zombie Jammers is a key strategy in this mode.
- SP DNA Hunter – Kill the special mutated zombies and collect their DNA samples. They are particularly tough and immune to the effects of the Zombie Jammer. It’ll take teamwork to bring these creatures down.
- Collector – Teams battle it out to see who will be first to collect all 5 briefcases in the stage.
- Protector – Find the briefcase and hold it for as long as possible, while fending off the opposition. The player who has it will become a moving target, so teams must work together effectively.
- Collar War – Collect the battle data “collars” of downed enemy players, and pick up allies’ collars to prevent the enemy team from getting points.
In January, we were given some details about what to expect from the game and what environments and enemies you may be likely to encounter. The game will be released digitally for PlayStation 4 and PC in May 2016.