Daedalic Entertainment’s The Pillars of the Earth now available on iOS
Originally released on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, adventure game The Pillars of the Earth now makes its way to iOS devices with Book 1: From the Ashes.
Available for $4.99/£4.99/€5.49 for the first part, the conversion of the entire trilogy is underway, but the minimum requirements are the iPhone 6s and the iPad Air 2, so I hope you have a relatively up to date device.
The beautiful hand painted backgrounds and character animation has made it across intact, with the only changes being to adapt the controls for a touchscreen. You’ll type and swipe as you explore 12th century England as Jack, Aliena and Brother Philipp as they try to build the gothic Cathedral of Kingsbridge. Here’s a few bullet points from the blurb if you’re interested:
- An interactive, changing plot, which is affected by the player.
- The complete story from the PC and console version with adaptations of the controls and icons.
- Over 200 hand-drawn backgrounds which faithfully depict life in 12th century England.
- Three playable main characters and two more playable characters.
- An orchestral soundtrack from the FILMharmonic Orchestra, Prague.