French indie developers Supercube has today revealed its debut game, The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation, coming to Steam Early Access on January 20. The survival space simulation title will allow players to use survival and base-building mechanics to create an “atmospheric space sim experience.”
The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation puts players in command of the three-surviving crew of Io-1, forcing them to overcome the realities of surviving in space amidst alien environments filled with low gravity, volcanoes, magnetic storms, and various other dangers. Keep your crew alive while exploring, crafting, and manage resources to do it.
The base-building will allow players to upgrade using various services to improve things like healthcare and engineering. Key features of The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation are detailed below:
- Explore – Io may be dangerous, but it is also home to beautiful, desolate landscapes. Explore the land and collect important scientific data to accomplish your mission. Board a rover or a flying drone and venture out to gather precious resources in the various biomes of Io.
- Build – Produce materials, build modules and engineering systems, craft wearable equipment, and make food. Utilize the game’s advanced health system to monitor everyone carefully to keep them alive.
- Survive – Volcanos, seismic activity, sulphur winds, and magnetic storms will constantly pressure your crew. Anticipate and adapt. Your crew’s life depends on it.
- Manage – Start with three characters chosen randomly from a pool of 15. Adapt to their strengths and weaknesses and use everything they have to survive.
- Simulate – Multiple winning conditions and endings. Play again and again, take advantage of upgrades, learn the best strategies for survival, and master all of Io’s unforgiving elements.
The Pioneers: Surviving Desolation is coming to Steam Early Access on January 20th, 2023. Players can wishlist the game right now on Steam.